Daily Update March 17, 2016 - Youth Certified Peer Specialist (CPS-Y) training
The Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), Office of Medicaid & Health System Innovation is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the upcoming Youth Certified Peer Specialist (CPS-Y) training. This five-day event is scheduled for the week of April 11th – April 15th . This training is intended for enrollees who meet
the lived experience expectations outlined below.
- Must be 18-26 years of age;
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness, substance use disorder, or a dual diagnosis; and a strong desire to identify themselves as a person living with a mental illness or substance use diagnosis (current or former person receiving behavioral health services);
- Be able to advocate for themselves;
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Be able/willing to actively seek and manage their own appropriate care; and
- Be able to share their own personal story in a safe and appropriate way.
The attached Application along with documentation must be submitted by March 31st , 2016.
Applicants will be interviewed April 4th – April 7th.
Parent & Youth Peer Specialist Coor.
Office of Children, Young Adults, and Families (OCYF)
Division of Behavioral Health
Ga. Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)
2 Peachtree Street, Suite 23-274
Atlanta, Ga. 30303
An email newsletter as a public service Editor