Daily Update March 22, 2016 - FFTA Public Policy Director to present at TG Annual Executive Retreat
Dr. Laura Boyd
Dr. Laura Boyd has spent her entire life at the cross-section of education, business, and society. She has experience from student to professor, from consultant to business owner, and from political national leadership mentor to elected office holder. Dr. Boyd founded Policy and Performance Consultants, Inc. in 1994. Policy and Performance Consultants, Inc. has been retained by both for-profit and not-for-profit clients in the handling of their government-relations agendas as well as in acquisitions and mergers between companies across the United States. Dr. Boyd is currently serving as Public Policy Director for the national Foster Family-based Treatment Association.
Dr. Laura Boyd, authored the following Families First Act Power Point Presentation -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5V8YYFLL3pkU2g2aUptWHZ6cjI1WUR2UkhwZlozVnRmSlB3/view?usp=sharing (Note: the hearing did not take place in January and is now expected to happen in June or July)
REGISTER today at https://www.regonline.com/er20150426
The State of ‘Partnershipping’
Partnershipping and all the meaning associated with it will be the continued focal point for this year’s exciting executive retreat. Together Georgia continues to pursue improving working relationships as we strengthen our partnerships. The two days will be full of opportunities for you and your senior staff to engage in meaningful conversations with leaders in our state and nation.Your Executive Retreat is designed to create a positive atmosphere where thought leaders in a relaxed setting can engage in meaningful and productive dialogue with our members in an effort to improve collaboration and practices for those we collectively serve.
- FFTA Lobbyist, Laura Boyd (national update via live webinar)
- Together Georgia lobbyists, Stan Jones and Helen Sloat
- GCN strategic planning consultant, Jeanne Ward
- State Leaders: DBHDD- Dante McKay and Jewell Gooding; DHS-Commissioner Crittenden and DFCS Driector Bobby Cagle; RCCL- Carol Winstead; DJJ-Joe Vignati, Theo Carter, and Keith Horton; and Ga Families 360º -Earlie Rockette.
- Breakout sessions presented by Angela Coulon, Lee Biggar, Dr. Greenbaum and Ron Scroggy
We are asking our guest to come prepared to have conversation with us and we Together Georgia members to also come and share your ideas on how we can be better partners for the sake of the Georgia’s children and families. And of course, there will be ample opportunities to network with your colleagues in the relaxed comfortable WinShape Retreat Center. We know you will leave the retreat both encouraged about the future as well as rested to better face tomorrow’s challenges.
Registration required: Please note there is a per person registration fee of $100 plus $90 for overnight lodging.
link to register https://www.regonline.com/er20150426
Date: April 26 & 27, 2016 - draft agenda
Location: Winshape Retreat, 2277 Martha Berry Hwy NW, Mt. Berry, GA 30149
From Atlanta, Georgia:
- Approx. 1 hr., 20 min. (Approx. 72 miles).
- Take I-75 N to Rome-Canton Exit 290.
- Take left off exit, drive 2.5 mi., then road ends at a light.
- Turn left, then take an immediate right onto Highway 41 North (to reach Highway 411).
- Drive 2.8 mi., then take Highway 411 South exit (on right).
- Drive 17.3 mi., then turn right at light onto East Rome Bypass (Rome Loop 1).
- Drive 8.4 mi., then take right at light (see The Martha Berry Museum on your left) onto Martha Berry Highway (U.S. Highway 27 North).
- Drive 0.7 mi., then turn left into Berry College main entrance.
The above address will guide you to the entrance of Berry College. WinShape Retreat is located approx. 15 minutes from the entrance.
From the guard house, go to the flag pole court.
Take 2nd right in flag pole court - pass Hermann Hall (brick building on your left)
Turn right at the stop sign (T-intersection)
Take the first left and travel 3 miles through wooded areas
After the speed bump, take the first left to WinShape retreat (WinShape Center will be in front of you)
Turn right at the white entry walls
Proceed through the second set of white entry walls
Park in the paved lot
Walk up the center walkway
Go to the second building on your right. This is the Grand Chalet.
An email newsletter as a public service Editor