Daily Update June 23, 2016
Well Being: Support Services Partnership Meeting
I hope all is well,
On Tuesday, July 19, 2016, from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, at the United Methodist Home in Macon, Georgia, the Well-Being Services Section / Support Services Unit will be convening its “Support Services Partnership Meeting.” This gathering represents an opportunity for DFCS to engage more than 150 contractors who provide services in the areas of: Comprehensive Child and Family Assessment (CCFA), Wrap Around Services, Parent-Aide, Prevention-of-out-of Home Placement (PUP), Homestead, and Early Intervention Services.
Support Services Partnership Meetings are designed to inform our contractors about policy updates, emerging practices, DFCS business operational standards, and other issues that impact their ability to perform and provide top quality care and services to our children and families. We would like to invite you to present at the July 19, 2016 meeting to discuss the following topics and any additional updates, trends, required trainings, etc. your department needs to present:
1. Regional Accounting (regions are realigned effect of fiscal invoicing) – Cliff O’Conner, Dave Teubl, Karen Hardy
2. Child Abuse registry (what this means for business owners and staff) – Melloney Claiborne
3. Solution-Based Case Work – Tripp Jones and Carnella Harvey (localized provider leadership orientation sessions)
4. Inventureit Database (Demo)-Brent Newsome
5. Ron Scroggy – Together Georgia
6. DHS/Office of Procurement and Contract – Monica Daniels, William Prescott, Bernie Joy (contract extensions and what to expect over the next 12 months)
7. DFCS Policy Unit – Mitzie Smith and Natalie Green Policy updates related to SBC Hoteling, and investigations)
8. Support Service Update (Business practices related to (1) Onboarding and training new staff (2) ensure your business practices/policies are aligned with DFCS’ – are you familiar with ODIS? (3) New org. chart process) – Monica (Beal) Scott
9. Amerigroup – the correct process for CCFA to obtain medical, dental, and trauma assessment – Kristen Toliver
Please e-mail me no later than Friday, July 1, 2016 to confirm your availability to present and the required amount of time needed for your presentation along with any logistical needs.
In partnership, thanking you in advance!
Monica Scott, MPA
Support Services Manager
2 Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Please note my new e-mail address: Monica.firstname.lastname@example.org
An email newsletter as a public service Editor
The Georgia Conference on Children and Families - November 2-4, 2016