2013 GAHSC Executive Retreat - Shaping the Future of Child Welfare
June 13 & 14
Value to Executive Directors:
Movement this year includes:
- Rate increase to out-of-home care providers. This increase will afford more
- Juvenile Justice Reform legislation that provides new ways of serving children.
- Transition of foster children to Care Management Organization. Opportunities could
The Executive Retreat is designed to pull together thought leaders to dialogue with providers as we discuss ways to shape the future. We are forming the 2013 discussion around trends in child welfare and projected need of services in Georgia. A panel of thought leaders will focus on service needs, data and outcomes and the overlay with policy and practice. Discussion will also include funding and resources needed to deliver these services.
Invited guests include:
- Commissioner Clyde Reese, Department of Human Services (confirmed)
- Commissioner Niles Avery, Department of Juvenile Justice
- Commissioner Frank Berry, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental
- Dr. Jerry Dubberly, Department of Community Health (confirmed)
- Representatives of Care Management Organization selected to service foster
- Pat Willis, Executive Director of Voices for Georgia’s Children (confirmed)
- Andy Barclay, Founder & Advisory Board Chair, Barton Child Law & Policy Clinic
We look forward to your participation in this year’s event – please include your senior leadership. We count on your leadership to help shape the future of child welfare in Georgia.
June 13 & 14, 2013 -
Book Standard at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center for $118 per
GAHSC Home Page Referral Central Index Contacting Us
Site contents are Copyright © 2002,
Georgia Association of Homes and Services for Children
Updated by Normer Adams on 09/26/14 10:08 AM -0400 .